Named after the famous bridge in Venice, Italy, award-winning InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto was established in 1891 in Melbourne’s central business district. In close proximity is iconic Flinders Lane, filled with restaurants, and Collins Street, known for excellent examples of traditional Melbourne-inspired architecture. After a busy day, guests can relax at Market Lane Bar during classic high tea. Hotel features:
• 2 restaurants and 2 bars.
• Indoor pool.
• Botanica Day Spa.
• Fitness center and sauna.
• 10-story glass-topped atrium.
• Rooftop garden with herb plants and fruit trees.
• Self-parking: 55 Australian dollars per day. Deluxe Room accommodations with:
• 1 king bed or 2 single beds. Please note: Bedding type is subject to hotel availability. Child pricing is based on sharing existing bed(s). An extra bed is available at an additional cost; contact Travel Support for availability and booking.
• Maximum occupancy 3 adults, or 2 adults and 1 child, or 1 adult and 2 children.
• 43-inch (109-centimeter) flat-screen television with extensive Foxtel channels.
• In-room safe.
• Coffee machine.
• Complimentary bathrobe and slippers to use during your stay.
• Complimentary Wi-Fi.
Check-in: 3 p.m.
Checkout: 11 a.m.
Minimum check-in age is 18.
Intercontinental Melbourne The Rialto
495 Collins Street
Melbourne 3000, Australia
Pricing for children for this hotel may differ from (and be greater than) pricing for adults. Click SELECT
to check. If the pricing for children differs from the pricing for adults, refer to the Policies
section for further details.
Hotel Check-in Requirements
By booking this DreamTrip I understand that the hotel may request a credit card upon check-in. The hotel may request the credit card in order to: a) place a monetary hold of US$50-200; or b) hold for incidental, security or other charges. By booking, I acknowledge having received notice of this potential charge and accept that Rovia™ recommends a credit card rather than a debit or bank card be used in the event the hotel requests the card. I understand that any such request made by the hotel is outside of the control of Rovia and is strictly a hotel policy. Should I have questions concerning the hotel’s policy, I accept responsibility for contacting the hotel independent of Rovia.